The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
PRIVACY OF INFORMATION
What information do we collect?
1. We collect information from you when you register on our site or place an order.
2. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
a) To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
b) To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
c) To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
d) To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
e) To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
f) To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
g) To pass on, if requested by the intended recipient of information about you, to our insurers, and to such persons as may be necessary or desirable to enable us to exercise any power or enforce or attempt to enforce any of our rights, remedies and powers under these Terms
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Storage of information
1. Cherrytree Franchise Services Limited will collect and hold the information on its virtual private servers hosted by Digiweb, 3B, 35 Sir William Pickering Drive, Christchurch, 8053 and will also store the information through the Cloud service provider “Where’s My Server” (http://www.wheresmyserver.com/), who may store the information on several servers, including servers that may not be in New Zealand.2. Every person whose personal information is held by Cherrytree Franchise Services Limited is entitled to access and correct (or have us correct) information held about that person.
How do we protect your information?
1. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
2. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.